Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Leg on Stage 4

I decided to see if I had made any significant improvement from Stage 2 to Stage 4 and because the repetitions and sets are different I had to rely on volume so for Workout A here are the results:

Final volume Stage 2/4:
Front Squat /Push Press 175 lbs/360 lbs
Step Ups 700 lbs/680 lbs
Rows 600 lbs/600 lbs
Lunge (elevated back leg) 550 lbs/680
Push ups 20/24

Based on the numbers, it looks like I substantially increased my overall power in the front squat/push press (almost 90%) but this improvement seemed to inhibit increases in my step ups (not enough recovery?). The rows remained the same, lunges a good increase, and my push ups a modest increase. I need to be better about recover on the heavier weights, otherwise I can get through all the reps for the entire program. Overall, I am happy with the improvements as they outweigh the lagging exercises. I will do the same evaluation on Workout B this weekend.

No comments: