Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy, Light-Weight Workout for Recovery Week

This week I will do a light-weight combo workout which I took from Women’s Health.  The weight is light enough to create resistance but not to overtax me and the movements are combinations that work the whole body:

All of the following are supersets (2) of 6-10 repetitions--

Dead Lift and Bent Over Row/Swiss Ball Pike with Pushup

Front Squat and Press/Pushup Row with Core Hold

Sumo Squat and Curl/Row and Back Extension

Step Up and Single Arm Press/Dumbbell Press and Core Roll

I am doing easy 30 minute cardio on the stair master 3x this week and pyramid intervals (30/45/60/90/60/45/30) with 1 minute recovery to prepare for next week.  I am still reviewing whether I am interested in staying with this particular New Lifting program.  I am not fond of 4x4 with heavy weights and long recovery but maybe I will try the first two workouts (A&B) and see how I feel.  If I choose to change this up, I will try to see if I can work something that can still lead to Stage 7, even though I replace Stage 6 with something else—I doubt it.  It may mean abandoning this particular program.  I will see how I feel.

No comments: