Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Additions for the Week

For the alternate days of my workout I have added a “non-weight” workout which will include the following:

Straight-leg leg lifts (lying and seated)/Leg extensions (lying and seated)/Hamstring lifts and curls/2 variations on hip lifts (bridge)/Outer and Inner thigh work/Calf raises/Modified pull-ups/Modified Dips.  I won’t do push-ups as they are part of my regular workout.  These exercises aren’t strenuous but help keep the blood flow into the muscles I have been working.  Additionally, per my podcast, I have added a few yoga postures as well.  I find if I don’t build in stretching and yoga into my regular workout, it doesn’t get done consistently.  This way if I do find time for another stretching or yoga session, it is extra.

No comments: