Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Workout A

I may have to modify this a bit – add here, substitute there but this is the start:

Core:  Roll out 3 x 12

Superset 1:  Crossover Step Up/Inverted Row 3 x 12 (may need to change the crossover step up because of my knee; substitute will be some type of step up)

Superset 2:  Front Squat/Push Ups 3 x 12

That’s it!  I may need to add another superset so that I get a “complete” workout but I am not sure what to add right now.  2 days a week I will continue with the 15 minute HIIT; each week I add another round.  So this week I will be doing 7 rounds of 1 minute/1 minute at 7:56/10:00.  The 3 day I will be doing a longer interval at a lower intensity; I will have a slightly different program each week for that.  My goal is to get to 20 minutes on the faster intervals and up to 30 minutes on the slower.  My alternative days will be longer slower distances with either the isometric program I shared with you last week, specific core program, or some yoga/pilates variation.  Will reveal Workout B on Thursday.

No comments: