Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Turbulence Plus Workout A

In this particular workout I have a combination of Coach Dos Cardio Strength Training, Craig Ballantyne's TT Training with a dash of Alwyn Cosgrove.  Before I do the TT Training (see video below), I warm-up with a series of "complexes" from Coach Dos.  I do a warm-up series for dumbbells and then process with the intermediate dumbbell complex (curl/lunge/press-->romanian dead lift-->bent row-->squat jump).  I can only handle about 10 lbs if I want to complete up to 10 reps on the first exercise.  After this, I continue with the TT workout followed by a quick Tabata training session (10 minutes).  I do this because I end the TT session with a "finisher" type of circuit so I keep the cardio session short.  Before I even got to the gym, I had done my warmup and a walk-run, so I am burning plenty of calories without diminishing my cardio strength training.

No comments: