Friday, November 19, 2010

Interesting Tabata Workout

I was very impressed with the Tabata workout--8 exercises, one after another for 8 rounds.  I was expecting different exercises for the 8 rounds but this worked out very well.  10 minutes of dynamic warm-up, 35 minutes of Tabata and ending with some foam roller work.  We used a single step and up to 4 risers, body bars and a mat.  This is not the exact order but the pattern seemed to be one compound exercise followed by a cardio exercise:
  • burpee/upright row
  • split squat jump (or lunge) on step
  • sumo clean and snatch
  • plank
  • row/lunge
  • lateral box stepover
  • sumo squat/bicep curls
  • crescent lunge and press
For each of the exercises, the instructor gave three different levels to choice from which made it easier for me to tailor the movement for my knee and rotator cuff.  My assessment is that this is a great workout even if done on your own--there is a tendency to work harder in a group!  I may or may not try the boot camp next week but I will keep you posted.

No comments: