Monday, November 8, 2010

Underground Athlete Workout

This past Saturday I went to the Underground Athlete for my workout--started with foam rollers followed by a dynamic warm-up, kettlebell swings and then moved on to a 8-station circuit at 10/20 second work to rest intervals.  I was familiar with all the exercises but had some trouble getting my footwork down on the lateral box step.  We did some front squats with kettlebells at Tabata intervals of 20/10 x 8.  I was pretty exhausted from that.  I like this kind of work out and certainly working with others is motivational; it was good to get instruction on some of my form with the Turkish getup, kettlebell swings, and split squats.  This feedback will help enhance my workouts and let me know I am on the right track in developing my own workout routines.  As you would expect, I will be starting a new round this week and will update all in a few days.

No comments: