Monday, November 15, 2010

Tabata Tomorrow at Equinox

I still haven't got my scheduling together yet but I can give you a synopsis of my workouts--I am keeping with barbell complexes over the next 2 weeks (these are from Craig Ballantyne):
  • Squat
  • Push Press
  • Front Squat
  • High Pull
  • Romanian Dead Lift
  • Bent Row
  • Dead Lift 
I am also doing exercises specifically for hamnstrings and glutes--just one of two workouts I will be alternating:
  • Romanian Dead Lift (lots more weight)
  • DB Split Squats
  • Single Leg Romanian Dead Lift with barbell
  • Back Extensions
  • Rollouts
I am doing 2 sets of 8 repetitions but using pretty heavy weight.  Ending each workout with intervals right now I am starting a new round--30/60 on the stair master at 12/6 levels (if that means anything to you!) and will start with 8 rounds and increase to 10 rounds before moving on to 30/30.  Will be attending a Tabata training tomorrow so that I can start to formulate my own exercises and routines to use at home.  I am doing 3 committed days a week at the gym with cardio weight training, glute/hamstring work, interval training and stretching.  The other days I am picking up classes prior to work and or walk/running.  I have a work project to feature something of interest and will be doing something on Tabata, interval, or incorporating yoga into running workouts.  See ya!

No comments: