Saturday, August 22, 2009

Losing Weight--Need To Watch My Nutrition

Since I decided to work on eliminating sodium from my diet, I have found it has also eliminated quite few calories as well (no chips, no salad dressing, no salted pretzels or nuts, etc.) and I am moving toward my long-term goal of 110 lbs (as long as I can keep the muscle on). I have decided that shredded wheat, oatmeal or whole grain toast and eggs are the most nutrition breakfasts to have without the sodium. I was pleased to note that dried fruits don't have sodium either -- good to know for my trip out west -- as trail mix can be made with dried fruit and unsalted nuts plus maybe some other items. Salads are more of a challenge as I will soon tire of olive oil/vinegar or lemon juice. I think I may be able to find some other alternatives to take along on the trip. I will start monitoring my blood pressure on a daily basis when I return as well as maintain a more detailed food log and see where I can make some other adjustments.

No comments: