Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time to Change

My new strength workout incorporates my new learning (from the conditioning class) and my new activity (run/walk in the mornings prior to going to the gym). So, I am changing to a 3x a week strength training routine and eliminating the long, slow distance for my cardio. So, here is my new 3x week strength training:

All moves are done separately (10 reps), then pulled together for a combo move (10 reps). Go through each circuit two to three times.

Monday
  • Dead Lift (hamstrings)
  • Upright Row (shoulders, upper back)
  • Front Squat (quads)
  • Toe Raises (calves)
  • Reverse Curls (biceps)
  • Hang Clean/Front Squat (all)
  • Squat (quads)
  • Hammer Curls (biceps)
  • Romanian Dead Lift (hamstrings)
  • Shoulder Press (shoulders/triceps)
  • Rows (back)
  • Squat/Push Press/Row (all)
I will let you know my Wednesday workout in my next post.

No comments: