Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Increasing weights, decreasing repetitions

This go-round I do the same exercises but decreasing the repetitions and hopefully, increasing the weights.  So far, so good!  I have been going up 2.5 lbs – 5.0 lbs per week but it may not be possible to continue doing this so my strategy is to pace myself or rotate the increases between exercises (go up on lower body, but not upper body).  The difficulty is using “fixed” free weights where the increments go up by 10 lbs.  The issue is finding a light enough bar and then using the 2.5 lbs.  At one time, the gym had so 1 lb plates but they have somehow disappeared.  The weight machines also have 2.5 lbs which should accommodate my needs.  I had to scale back the cardio a bit but will be back on track at the end of this week.  Eating has been ok – had a few indulgences; going to lunch with former work buddies – but staying within range for now.

No comments: