Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back Into the Routine Again

Well, my temporary assignment is over but I learned some valuable lessons.  1)  I can get a good workout in under 40 minutes without much equipment and 2) with some creativity you can do cardio without a machine and in a very small space.  I had to rethink my Tabata routine because of the gym (no valslides, no cardio machine I liked, etc.)  and I decided I needed to come up with exercises that could be do on their own and a few dumbbells.  I came up with the following 3 rounds of Tabata, totaling 48 minutes.

Round 1: Push/Press-Reverse Lunge/Knee High-Plank Split-Lateral Crossover
Round 2: Squat/Curl-Plie Jack-Burpees-Front Step Up
Round 3: Front Squat-Reverse Lunge to Forward Lunge-Mt. Climber-Jump Squat

Now that I am back at my own gym, I will rework my routine and start over!

No comments: