Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finishers: Pyramids

In addition to the Men's Health Workout (see below), I complete the strength segment of my workout with a "finisher".  This particular finisher is called the pyramid and I take 2 different exercises and alternate between the two starting with a number (say 10) and then progressing down to -0-.  I chose jump squats and burpees.  I start with 10 jump squats then 10 burpees, 9 jump squats then 9 burpees, etc.  No rest in between.  Each workout I increase the repetitions by 1 until I reach 15.  This is followed by my normal cardio interval session.  I found out I was doing these incorrectly and was probably over training a bit--I will discuss that in my next post.

This Week's Workout:

Supersets; 3 sets for each pair
Pair 1:  Hang Squat 6-8/Alternating DB Bench Press 8-10
Pair 2:  Squats 8-10/Pull Ups 8-10 (on gravitron)
Pair 3:  DB Romanian Dead Lift 8-10/Curl to Press 8-10
Pair 4:  Cable Wood Chop (on knees) 8-10/SB Crunch with Plate 8-10

I typically start with a lighter weight and higher repetition range (10) and progress lower repetitions and increase the weight so by the end of the 3rd workout I am doing my highest weight at the lowest repetition (6 or 8). 

No comments: