Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shoulder Problems Require Change in Workout

Although I liked the Beginner Kettlebell Workouts, they involved too much shoulder rotation (snatch, clean and press, military press) for me.  I decided to finish out this week with the more balanced Kettlebell Workout from Women's Health (Saved by the Bell).  The workout keeps the shoulder rotation down but provides a good variety of exercises.  I will be exploring other Kettlebell workouts for the following weeks.  As I increase my stairclimber intervals (the longest being 26 minutes), the less time I have for resistance workouts if I want to stay under my 60 minute time frame.  When I go back to shorter intervals at higher intensities, I may reintroduce some cardio strength training again (complexes, timed sets, and tabatas) to maintain cardio intensity--my thoughts about this will be on my podcast this weekend.  I am also trying to piece together some different yoga routines into my own DVD so I don't have to think about this as much and can just follow the DVD throughout the day (wake-up routine, flexibility routine, relaxing evening routine). 

No comments: