Monday, March 7, 2011

Workout #3 Timed Sets

This is a 20 minute workout based on the Spartacus Workout at Men's Health.  There are 5 exercises and you go through this circuit 4 times.  Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by a 20 second rest.  The hardest part is estimating a load you can do for the 40 seconds that is not too easy.  The exercises are:
  • High Pull
  • Offset Dumbbell Reverse Lunge
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Swing
  • Thrusters
  • Single-leg, single-arm underhand-grip dumbbell row
Since these were timed sets, I didn't do a Tabata at the end.  This was the last 60/60 interval at 9 rounds; I go up to 10 rounds next week (will top out at 12 rounds and then start all over again at the next level on the stair climber).  The weather is getting better so I hope to get back to a more consistent walk/run on off days and I am developing some of my own bodyweight Tabatas for home use.   I will also be working on perfecting both the Turkish Get-Up and the Pistol squat over the next few months.  A new video is in the side bar.

No comments: