Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cardio Tip #10 Read a book; watch a DVD

Many people can't read or watch TV while doing their cardio but for those that can it is a great way to pass the time. I would suggest that you do this on a day where you are doing slow, long distance because you do need to focus and pay attention when doing intervals or if you are on certain machines. I have seen folks fall off the treadmill and it isn't a pretty sight. I typically can read almost anything (or watch anything) while on the stationary bike. I can watch and read lots of stuff while walking on the treadmill; reading requires bigger print and more contrast. I can read some types of material on the stairmaster; mostly fitness focused magazines with short articles or columns. When I run on the treadmill, I can watch TV and read the borders on news shows such as Fox or CNN, otherwise I like to pay attention. Regardless of which cardio machine you use, reading a book or watching a DVD can be a treat when your motivation wanes.

No comments: