Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Phase of Glute Workout

This week I will be doing compound sets--two exercises that work the same muscle group and are performed back to back. The following is the routine:

Squat combined with Kneeling Kickback--4 sets/10-12 reps with a 2 minute rest after each compound set.

Stiff-legged dead lift with Bridge--4 sets/10-12 reps with a 2 minute rest after each compound set.

With the increase in reps and sets, I may need to decrease my weights a bit but because I didn't find the last phase that challenging, I may keep weights higher than recommended. Also, I will probably end up using a weight machine that simulates the same motion as a kneeling kickback rather than just using body weight.

Just a note, I screwed up the order for this particular phase in the workout scheme. I should have been doing sets to failure this week--oh well, I will do them next go round.

No comments: