Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stretching for Success

My routine is focusing on my glutes so stretching is more important as this particular area is being worked hard. The video above shows just one exercise for stretching the glutes but there are lots out there to choose from--just check the web! Stretching is the one are of working out where I have to constantly remind myself to stay on track. If I don't build it into the routine itself by the end of my workout I am ready to go home--when I should be stretching. Sometimes in the evening when I walk I will do some leisurely stretching but it certainly isn't enough if I want to continue to make strength gains and retain flexibility and range of motion. In the coming weeks, I will work on getting in at least 5 minutes of stretching during my workout -- and an additional session at night.

No comments: