Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another Circuit for You

In addition to the strength training circuit I described in an earlier post, I also do a lower intensity circuit on alternate days that hit additional muscles. Check out the following (again, from Men's Health but their monthly poster workout):

  • Judo Push up (I just do a regular push-up)
  • Crossover Step up (a nice change of pace from regular step ups)
  • Leaning Shoulder Fly (I have some rotator cuff issues)
  • Medicine Ball Pike Up (core)
  • Mixed-Grip Chin (breaking my plateau)
  • Swiss-Ball Squat (killer on the quads)
  • Around-the-head Plate Drill (great all around upper body)
  • Boxer's Dumbbell Speed Twist (core)

Again, I love switching things around -- so these all work for me. You can keep the same workout for up to 6 weeks but make sure you change some aspect of your workout to keep your body guessing.

No comments: