Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Need to Work More Efficiently

Since there are 2 weeks until the closing on my condo, I need to keep my workouts this week to a minimum. So, I am planning to change up from the very deliberate glute program I had started (I can come back to it) but I don't want to lose any gains. So, I will keep the cardio program the same from the week before but eliminate the long, slow distances for the next 2 weeks. This will keep my cardio portion down to 20-30 minutes. I will be changing my strength training to a 4 compound exercise circuit that can be done in 15-20 minutes, these will be rotated throughout the next two weeks. I like Men's Healths' 15-minute workouts and will use them 3 days and then I will do a body weight workout the other 3 days, making an effort not to use all of the same muscles. I will also work my stretching in as active recovery from the circuits. This means I can get in a full, fairly intense workout in 30-45 minutes and if necessary I can pare down to 3 cardio/3 strength sessions for the next 3 weeks. Life throws you curveballs and you need to know what to do and still stay healthy.

No comments: