Thursday, June 4, 2009

Strength Tip # 4 Lift Three Days a Week

As I have gotten older and tried many different workouts, it still seems that 3 strength training sessions a week promote the most results. This doesn't mean strength training once or twice a week isn't enough (research shows it is enough for maintenance) but if you are trying to meet fitness goals, you can't get away from 3 sessions a week. So, I have become creative and even if I do a full body workout 3 days a week, I will rotate exercises or alternate intensity, otherwise I can't recovery enough to get the full benefits of the 3 days. Since I am usually trying to reach a cardio goal as well, rotating through intensities for both workouts and synchronizing them to work together for best results. Because I do tend to work hard, I need to be more aware of my hydration, nutrition, and sleep. I recently found out my pulse is pretty low (my cardio is working) but my blood pressure is up. Now, I need to focus on nutrition these next 2 weeks as my workouts will be taking a back seat in my schedule. I will be going online to check out diets to lower both cholesterol and high blood pressure.

No comments: