Saturday, September 5, 2009

Campground Calisthenics

Camping is great fun but it isn't a gym, so getting a variety of exercise is challenging. Even if it is just an overnight stay, I try to find a campground with some hiking trails so that when there I know I have an option close by for walking. Sometimes I am lucky and there may be a playground or other structures available to do step ups and/or pull-ups. You can be very creative out in the wilderness. Additionally, you can always do calisthenics (push-ups, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.) if you feel inclined--just be prepared for some folks looking at you strangely. I don't get too obsessed about this as having a break from my normal workout is a good way to rework my routines when I return from my trip and gives me an opportunity to work other areas of my body.

No comments: