Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Keeping Sound Nutrition

Most people use vacation as an opportunity to overeat -- you want to do whatever you feel like doing. I have found that my healthy lifestyle goes with me wherever I go. Camping puts you in the position of doing your own cooking which decreases your likelihood of overeating. Yes, it means we have to stop at the store more often but that doesn't take much more time than sitting down for a fast food meal or going into a restaurant. This doesn't mean I don't indulge in the local cuisine, it means I am going to wait for the best options. Since this trip is in the US, there won't be too many exotic foods or items specific to the area. So, I continue to eat salad (packaged varieties plus pre-cut veggies), stay away from too many sweets, and usually the option of having ice cream is limited (doesn't stay well in a cooler!).

No comments: