Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fat Loss Nutrition

Regarding nutrition, I am following my resistance training with a protein shake (extra calories) and changing my breakfast to increase the protein balance.  I am working on balancing all meals to the 40/30/30 (carb/proteins/fats) with extra protein on resistance days.  The trick is getting in the amount of protein (1 gram per weight) without going over the calorie requirements.  Based on the calculations (from the book), I am allotted about 1700 calories on “off” and close to 2000 calories on “on” days.  Since weight loss isn’t my main goal, I am tending to stay with the higher calories and will re-evaluate this at the end of the first two weeks.  If I start to see a pattern of weight creeping up, I will lower my calorie intake.  I will try and get use of the “fat %” calculator at my gym – electronic resonance – and do a baseline.  Right now, my weight is in the 112-115 range and if I recall correctly, my % fat was in the high teens—wishful thinking?  I’ll get back to you with the numbers as soon as they are available.  Next up, Workout B.

No comments: