Monday, December 28, 2009

HIIT Beginner Program

Although my current program doesn’t start using HIIT until later in the stage, I have chosen to start a beginner program because I have been doing a form of HIIT already.  After my metabolic resistance training, I followed up with an HIIT on the treadmill.  The warm-up includes 3 minutes of progressively harder running (for me from 11 minute mile to about 9:30), followed by 30/90 intervals (30 second work, 90 second recovery) for 6-8 rounds.  I started off with 6 rounds-progressing from 8:30 to 8:15 mile back to a 9:30 recovery.  I will add a round each session, so by Friday I will have reach 8 rounds.  Based on their suggestion, I will pare back on Monday next week but continue to add time to the HIIT in a gradual way.  Today’s HIIT totaled = 15 minutes.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: