Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Final Weeks of 2009

As I end 2009, I see I have reached most of my goals--I can run 1 mile in 8:30, my numbers are all within range, my weight is steady at 113, and my overall fitness is fairly high. So, I go into the next few weeks just to maintain and to start adjusting to a long-term program (6 months) that claims it can help me lose fat and add lean muscle. After that phase is over, I will attempt to adapt other programs to maintain my gains. My reference is The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I read the one for men and that may be my next program for experimenting (the next level). Then, I will move on to other more condensed programs (4-6 weeks max) for the remainder of the year. This will be the first time I have actually made a commitment to follow a program by the letter. So, wish me luck! This week I am keeping the variable workouts but moving toward incorporating some of the tenets of my new 2010 program. This includes less endurance cardio, at least 2 tough cardio intervals, more rest, and heavier lifting. The diet emphasizes extra, extra protein and so I will need to make changes for that as well. I will probably make more entries during this time -- just a reminder I will be changing over to my Live Spaces come January 1.

No comments: