Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Recovery Week

This week I will be doing a modified workout to include both body weight exercises and lower resistance exercises so that I am ready to start my "heavy lifting" program. I am still collecting food information and will let you know about that later this week. Monday, I did the following circuit after doing 30 minutes of steady state cardio at 80% MHR:

Elvis Plie (12)
Push-Ups (6)
Front Lunge Push-Off (12)
Pull-Ups (6)
Lunge-Reach Combo (12)
Push-Ups (6)
Sumo Squat and Leg Raise (12)
Pull-Ups (6)
Curtsy Squat and Lift (12)
Push-Ups (6)
Raised Lunge with Balance (12)
Pull-Ups (6)
Hip Bride and Heel Drag (12)

All the leg exercises are done with either 10 lb dumbbells or 20 lb body bar. They can be found on Women's Health Part 4-Butt Sculpting (I did only 1 set of each exercise). I am using the week's off to test out other workouts and evaluate. This particular workout is hard because of the multiple movements in the leg exercises. You would have to modify the number of reps if you increased the weights; too much weight would compromise form and balance.

Today, I will be doing a 20 minute interval workout at 90% MHR followed by core work and stretching.

No comments: