Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Warm-Up Movements

When I transitioned to Stage 2, I put together a new set of warm-up movements taken from the options listed in the Men’s Health Big Book of Exercise.  Here is what I picked based on my workout:

  • Hand Crossover for shoulder mobility
  • Reach, Roll, and Lift for shoulder and upper back mobility
  • Squat Thrusts to enhance hip and shoulder mobility
  • Lateral Step-Over for thighs and hips
  • Lying Straight Leg Rise to loosen hamstrings
  • Groiners to loosen hip adductors, groin, and hips
  • Hip Raise for glutes and hip abductors

The book has a section where it lists warm-up exercises by category, and you pick them like you would from a Chinese food menu to create your own routine.  I decided to change warm-ups with each new stage of the lifting program (I get bored easily).

 

No comments: