Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Returning to Normal?

Well, the situation is finally getting back to normal but I am off my workout cycle. Not to worry, I did keep physically active by shoveling snow, riding an indoor bicycle, and doing some dumbbell strength training circuits. Luckily, I was scheduled for "recovery" week. Additionally, I did to the extra "bonus" workouts for Stage 1. This entailed doing the original exercises and weight for as many repetitions as possible (AMRAP). I could easily do 50 repetitions with my lower body exercises but it was a struggle to get that many out on my upper body. This indicates to me, I can go heavier at the outset with the lower body weights and keep the upper body weights the same for the next stage. I had to get back to the HIIT routine and I am doing that gradually to avoid injury. Still, I am able to do the required 15 minute program specified by Cosgrove and Schuler plus some! Still hovering at 115 lbs and now is the time to really start shaving off some calories if I want to lose weight--do I? I think I need to invest in a better heart monitor as well as a scale that measures body fat. I can't imagine that other measurements will change much, if my weight doesn't, but I will work with my hip-waist ratio or bmi to complement the scale. I will publishing my audiocast again starting this weekend.

No comments: