Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stage 2 Workout B

As I state in my podcast, I was ready for Stage 1 to end and move on to Stage 2. Workout B had more exercises that were "different" and so I had to wing it for starting weights. Here is Workout B:

Straight sets (2 x 10):
Wide-grip deadlift from box - 75 seconds rest
Superset 1 (2 x 10):
Bulgarian split squat
Underhand grip lat pulldown
Superset 2 (2 x 10)
Reverse lunge from box with forward reach
Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch
Triset 1 (2 x 10)
Swiss ball crunch
Reverse crunch
Lateral flexion

Each HIIT session is 15 minutes long; 3 minutes warm-up followed by 4 rounds of intervals (1 minute/2 minute). You increase the speed gradually -- I am currently doing a 8:30 mile/10:00 mile. I will be exploring other HIIT programs throughout the 7 or 8 stages of this particular workout. I know they are trying to make a point about cardio versus strength training and I can appreciate it but I would like to hit all my sessions hard in some fashion, so unless I start to see symptoms off overtraining, I will continue with my minor change.

No comments: