Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Food Logic Doesn’t Always Make Sense

When I was working in an office, everyone always looked forward to events that provided free food. Since it was up for grabs, why not eat it? We tend to think that free food doesn’t count. The funny thing is most of the time the food was mediocre at best and I would end up being disappointed and eating more to compensate. The best action is to ask yourself if you would have spent the money on it and if not, why waste the calories. I always planned to get to events or go by the coffee machine late in the day because by that time all the freebies were gone and I didn’t feel like I missed out on anything. Another option was to ask for healthier options at these events but it soon became apparent that I needed to control what I ate, not my co-workers.

No comments: