Friday, August 8, 2008

No Energy--Maybe You Need a Break

Over the last week I found it increasingly difficult to eat right, go to the gym, and write on this blog. Nothing was interesting; I didn't have any enthusiasm for activities I would usually look forward to doing. I could have beat myself up about all this -- which is what I started to do -- and then I realized I must need a break! I had been overdoing, over scheduling, overestimating what I thought I should be doing. Well, I got through the worst part of it and my motivation is improving but I made a decision to decrease my obligations, increase my sleep time, lower the intensity of my workouts, and not be so stringent about my eating. Sometimes you need to be less disciplined, less structured and do things you "like" to do rather than "have" to do. Living moment-to-moment has never been my strength, but after overdoing for a long period of time, it's a nice change-of-pace.

No comments: