Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Week of Phase One

As I go into the last week of phase one the maximum repetitions are up to 40 on high rep days and 12-15 on my low rep days. I can really feel them but I am beginning to think I may want to go back to heavier weights (as appropriate) for the next phase. I am working with posture as well and have incorporated some exercises into my active recovery, while some of the exercises are already in my viniyoga routine. I realize that I can't fit all the exercises in all the time and will be rotating or cycling through these exercises as I change my routine. I am reading Chris Carmichael's book and I like some of what he says and don't see the benefits of some of what he preaches for me. Some of the books I read are really for folks who are overweight and not active at all -- so I have to pick and choose; and you should too! Just because a well-known trainer has a program, doesn't mean it is right for you. All good programs have a fitness component (weights, aerobic, stretching, etc.), a nutrition component, as well as a psychological component. These have to coincide with you and your values, priorities, current fitness status. So, make sure whatever you pick you can stick with it because if it makes sense to you, you will keep doing it and consistency is the true success.

No comments: