Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Workout Routine

Today I started a workout routine that combines the first phase (lean-mass) of my 3-stage program and a 4-day upper/lower body workout schedule with alternating easy/difficult days. So, for Monday I did my lower body exercises with high repetitions + a max rep set. It looks like this:

  • Front Squats: 2 x 15 reps @ 40 lbs, 1 x 25 reps @ 40 lbs (max rep, will increase to 30 reps next session)
  • Romanian Dead Lifts: 2 x 15 reps @ 40 lbs, 1 x 25 reps @ 40 lbs (max rep, will increase to 30 reps next session)
  • Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls: 2 x 15 reps, 1 x 25 reps (max rep, will increase to 30 reps)
    superset with Prisoner Squats: 2 x 15 reps, 1 x 25 reps (max rep, will increase to 30 reps)
  • Swiss Ball Plank: 2 x 15 seconds, 1 x 20 seconds (increase next session) superset with Swiss Ball Curl Up: 2 x 15, 1 x 20 (increase next session).
Today I will do the upper body session with lower reps but still incorporate the max repetition strategy:

  • Push Ups: 2 x 5, 1 x 8
  • Pull Ups: 2 x 5, assisted 1 x 8
  • Dumbbell Push-Press: 2 x 5 @ 50 lbs, 1 x 8 50 lbs
  • Bar Pull: 2 x 5, assisted 1 x 8
On the following Thursday/Friday, I do the same workouts but use the opposite repetitions. So, I do low reps on the lower body and high reps on the upper body. Because I can't do high reps for push-ups, pull-ups, or bar pull they will be replaced with chest press, lat pulls, and rows. This will go on for 3-weeks and each week I will up my max reps for each exercise and weight. Then I will move to the next phase.

No comments: