Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Need to Keep it Fresh

My audio post has me lamenting over my lack of progress. After reviewing my situation more closely, I am feeling more positive. Yes, I did lose about 5 lbs on vacation as a result of restricted calorie intake. Coming home and gaining the weight over the course of another 2 weeks was disappointing but understandable as I did increase my activity level but increase my caloric intake more. There probably is a balance there that I need to explore -- eating an appropriate amount of calories for my activity level. Just like portion distortion, you can overestimate the impact of your workouts as it relates to calorie expenditure. My guess is I can probably reduce my calorie intake and increase my workout intensity by small increments until I start seeing the weight go down again. My dilemma is trying to determine a realistic weight goal that would still allow for a good proportion of muscle/fat. As I work on that challenge, I will continue the same workout this week but plan to make some changes based on my next 30-minute workout challenge.

No comments: