Saturday, October 3, 2009

Possible Opportunity Leads to New Perspective

This week I was offered a possibility of working with another entrepreneur to provide personal training to a corporate client (they do massage therapy/reflexology primarily). The request had been made with another trainer who then terminated the contract despite the fact the company already advertised the service to their employees. The contract required the trainer to provide 30 minutes of low-impact aerobics and resistance training for 2 lunch time sessions and 2 after-work sessions per weeks for 12 weeks. So my challenge was to develop a routine that could do this that could be adapted to any level of fitness or number of people. So, I set about putting together a number of routines to incorporate a short warm-up, movement prep, resistance training + core, with some quick cardiovascular intervals, and a brief cool-down, all in 30 minutes. Whether or not this offer will be made to me, I will work on this challenge over the next few weeks to help me look at training from a different perspective.

No comments: