Saturday, November 21, 2009

Idea for 2010

I have been thinking about how I want to manage my 2010 workouts and have decided to pick new and improved workouts from the most popular fitness magazines and see how they work. Since I am a big fan of Rodale (Mens Health, Womens Health, Runners World, Prevention) I will use some of their touted programs (Belly Off, Abs Diet, etc.) as well as other magazines efforts (Fitness, Oxygen, Shape). All of these will have updated programs as part of their New Years kickoff effort and I will work each one--I may have to rotate through more quickly to test drive a number of them but if I get through 12 programs, it means I have done a new workout every 4 weeks. I will keep a few in the wings in case I really dislike a program or feel it is not working. Additionally, if I find a certain strategy works better for me (i.e. circuits) I may adapt a workout to fit that strategy. After each workout, I will rate the routine on a number of criteria. At the end of the year, I will pick the top 2 most effective workouts and the bottom 2 least effective workouts. Let me know what you think.

No comments: