Friday, December 10, 2010

New Tabata

Regular instructor back and I like his style more than the substitute--this particular Tabata had tons of cardio and I was feeling it by the end of the series.  I forgot one of the exercises (sorry!) but here is the series with really poor descriptions:
  • Using a body bar, front squat to press
  • Putting the body bar on the floor, straddle body bar while doing 2 leap frogs then back pedal and repeat
  • I can't recall this exercise but it used a squat and lunge sequence
  • Using the body bar, bent row (reverse grip) increase intensity by lifting leg 
  • Putting the body bar on the floor, mogul jump criss-cross over the bar
  • Putting two body bars (cross so they form a four square) -- it's hard to describe the movement but it simulates running tires
  • Step touch or step hops
  • Rainbow lunge--lunging to the left, use right hand to circle body bar in front of your body to the right into another lunge--repeat back and forth
  • Using the four square again, hop 3 times and then straddle hop
This was a real difficult series for me--I felt winded pretty much the whole time.  I haven't felt this way since college when we did two a day workouts for pre-season volleyball.  I look forward to next week but will feel a pang of regret when I won't be able to go to the classes (my holiday job stint will be over).  Another challenge to face--not developing the Tabatas--but maintaining the same intensity on my own.  I have downloaded a ton of tunes from MotionTraxx and they should be helpful in getting the intensity up but I haven't fully figured out my MP3 player--a workout girl's best friend!

No comments: