Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Different Tabata Instructor--Different Workout

The regular instructor was out of town so a replacement came and it makes a difference to the Tabata workout.  She had reasonable movements but was unsure some of the time and she fell back into the normal cadence of doing 8 repetitions versus going all out on each exercise.  That was ok with me as I was low energy but it wasn't the most energetic Tabata--here are the exercises:
  • Squat Press
  • Over the Top Bounce (Step)
  • Rear Lunge (from Step)
  • Mountain Climber
  • Push Up Row
  • Straddle Runs (on Step - out/out/up/up)
  • Side Lunge and Bicep Curls
  • Repeaters (step ups with toe touch and knee up)
I am going to try and modify some of my other workouts that were circuits and had at least 8 exercises and try to work a Tabata routine with those -- wish me luck!  If you want to try a similar idea like Tabata, check out the 30/30 workout on the sidebar video.

No comments: