Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pre-Operative Knee Exercises

My friend and I both have had knee surgeries (back in the 70s) and she was contemplating getting a knee replacement--but before doing so she decided to do the pre-operative exercises and see if it helped.  If so, she could delay the knee replacement or possibly go for a partial.  I told her I would work with her in accomplishing this task.  We need to build up to 100 repetitions of the following exercises:
  • Ankle Pumps
  • Quad Sets-Knee Tighteners
  • Gluteal Sets-Buttocks Tighteners
  • Isometric Adduction/Abduction
This may seem simple but done correctly (hold 5 seconds for each repetition) it is no easy task.  We are starting with 1 set of 10 and adding 10 more every couple of weeks--I will let you know when we reach 100!

No comments: