Friday, April 8, 2011

Developed My Own Dumbbell Complex

Based on what I know I developed my own dumbbell complex (see example of a complex below).  The push-press is a transition move I use in the the complex to bring the weight from front to back.  Here is my complex (I did 3 rounds @ 6 reps and increased from the bar only +2.5 lbs + 5.0 lbs):
  • High Pull
  • Split Squat (each leg)
  • Front Squat
  • Clean
  • Reverse Lunge
  • Push-Press
  • Deadlift
I need to work on speeding up the complex; I am leaving the weight the same for the next barbell workout but will increase repetitions to 8 and decrease my rest time.  My dynamic warm-up is a Tabata series of 6 exercises for 4 rounds (20/10) for a good 12 minute warm-up:
  • Jump Squat
  • Hip Extension/Bridge (L/R)
  • Plank Walk-Up
  • Split Squat (L/R)
  • Explosive Step-Up (only as high as my stairs at home)
  • Overhead Squat 
All of these exercises can be done at home within a space of 10 x 10 so the basement is where I will be!

No comments: