Thursday, April 14, 2011

My 3rd Workout is a Circuit

My third workout in this series is a circuit adapted from Men's Health that is 30 seconds of work/15 seconds of rest.  This is actually the hardest workout because I am doing similar moves as in the complexes and using the higher weights and each exercise will yield a different number of repetitions because of the timeframe:
  • DB Straight Leg Dead Lift
  • DB Plank Row
  • DB Front Squat
  • DB Push Press
  • DB High Pull
  • Cross Body Mountain Climber
  • Split Squat (L/R)
  • DB T-Pushup
  • Reverse Lunge and Twist (L/R)
  • DB Bent Row
I just wing the Tabata warm-up based on the exercises I will be doing in the circuit.  I will do this group of exercises for the next few weeks, ending on April 29th.  I will then take a week off for unloading as I am traveling to Ohio and won't have gym facilities and will be doing a bodyweight/tabata cardio strength training workout.  When I return from Ohio, I will start doing some of Robert Dos Remedios Power Training which includes some periodization.

    No comments: