Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fitness Training Requires Individual Experimentation

I was reminded by a fellow forum member that everyone responds differently to training--more so as your gains become increasing harder to achieve.  Some strategies my work for me and my goals, but the same strategies would be horrible for someone else.  This means that whatever someone suggests should be viewed within the vision you have for yourself.  Right now, I focus on weight consistency and increasing my lean muscle mass but others may need to focus on balance and range of motion.  Any or all are great but no one else can prescribe what you may need.  I have found going to much heavier weights and lower repetitions more successful for my desires while my training partner goes the opposite for hers.  Keep in mind that when I share my exercise programs or ideas, it isn't doesn't mean I think everyone should be doing it -- I just want to let folks know how it has worked for me.  I tend to vacillate between multiple workout techniques and programs that many of you might think I don't have anything better to do!  Alas, it may be true.  Check in tomorrow for my newest workout and continued commentary.

No comments: