Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Using Modified Tabata for Dynamic Warm-Up

I decided I needed to start working on being more creative with my workouts.  This week I am going to use some modified Tabata workouts (ones I developed for home use) as a dynamic warm-up sequence.  Each routine has 6 exercises that I go through 4 times = 12 minutes of a dynamic warm-up.  This way I get to warm-up quickly and try out routines that I will be using at home.  Additionally, I purchased some inexpensive travel speakers to I can hook up my MP3 player and listen to my MotionTraxx mixes in the basement and not blow my eardrums out with those tiny ear buds while I do these new home workouts.  Luckily, I can use the steps to the basement for lots of the moves; I don't have a step at home so any movements over a step I have had to replace with something similar.  I will introduce a modified Tabata each week over the next couple of weeks.  I have also developed a couple of new complexes on my own using both dumbbells and barbells and added a circuit to round out my 3 day a week schedule. 

No comments: