Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ki Hara Resistance Stretching

I was reading some literature and they referenced Ki Hara Resistance Stretching (Dara Torres is an advocate) and thought I would give some of the stretches a try.  Although there is a DVD you can buy, I watched some of the videos on YouTube and was able to put together a short routine.  Because this is new, I decided to incorporate one or two stretches to my normal stretching and then as I got accustomed to them at some others.  What I found difficult was how they managed to hold their legs (I started with hamstrings) in such a way to provide both resistance and stretching.  I have decided to work on that aspect until I feel confident I am doing it correctly.  I find it helpful to not only view a number of YouTube videos around certain techniques but to also check out some of the professional literature on each of them.  Regardless, you still have to try all the moves and make adjustments as necessary for your comfort level.

No comments: