Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Workout for July

This month I am changing my strength workouts again. My Monday-Thursday training will be based on an old Holiday workout plan from Men's Fitness. It involves using one barbell for all the exercises; keeps the reps low at 6 reps per exercise; increases the total circuits to 4 or 5. I will modify this by using the first circuit as a warm-up with weight that will allow 12-15 reps; the follow 4 circuits will be with weights I can do 6 reps on the most difficult exercise for me--which will probably be the muscle clean. Again, the upper body exercises keep me from going too heave with the lower body exercises. Depending on how I feel, I may use heavier weights as the reps are so low. Here are the exercises:

Monday:
  • Bent Over Row
  • Muscle Clean
  • Front Squat to Push Press
  • Squat
  • Good Mornings
Thursday
  • Dead Lift
  • Romanian Dead Lift
  • Muscle Snatch
  • Reverse Lunge
  • Shoulder Press
On the other other two days (Tuesday/Friday), I will do a modified version of the body circuit shown in the featured video; alternating upper/lower body for the circuit

  • Y squats
  • Push Ups
  • Jumping Jacks (cardio)
  • Lunges
  • Reverse Pulls
  • Mountain Climber (cardio)
  • Step Ups
  • Chin Ups
  • Burpees (cardio)
I can go through these a few times, keeping the repetitions for upper at 6-8 and lower 12-15 and the cardios for 60 seconds.

After each session, I do a Yoga Breathing exercise with Om meditation followed by some stretching in poses specific for that training session, ending with a chosen meditation. This routine incorporates the stretching and posture I need and brings focus to my workouts.

No comments: