Thursday, July 9, 2009

Strength Tip # 9 Track Your Workouts

The only way I am able to keep motivated with weight training is by tracking my workouts through a training log. I use a small calendar (purchased at the dollar store) and the entries include my weight, my cardio workout with heart rate statistics, my strength training workout, and my food intake. This small notebook fits easily into my gym bag as well as my briefcase and it provides invaluable information for me. Without this data, it would be hard to make improvements or change routines that aren't working for me. I use volume to track my progress for strength as it allows for small changes to be reflected and will now be using mileage information as well as heart rate information for my cardio. You will be amazed when you look back on previous month's workouts and see the changes. No matter what you use, keep track and you will see better results and continued motivation.

No comments: