Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finishing Up Stage 2

I am glad that stages 2-5 are only 8 total workouts (3 weeks) because I get easily bored.  Luckily, some of the same moves (or slight variations) are included to help you transition and get continuity.  If I change all my exercises drastically, it becomes hard to know if I am actually progressing in my resistance.  I know I can reach my maximum by the end of each stage and unfortunately with some of the dumbbell/leg moves, my grip can’t handle the weight but my legs can.  So, I think I may have to considered working on forearm and wrist strength in future programs.  I can move from dumbbells to barbells but this changes the balance of the move but I may have to change to a barbell equivalent to make progress.  I am still struggling with staying “exactly” to the program because it seems too easy.  Maybe I am missing something!

No comments: