Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not as Motivated as When I Started

Although I was very excited about the new program, I am beginning to think that it was geared for a more novice exerciser.  Don’t get me wrong, I am sure the exercises I am currently doing are building the necessary foundation for the future stages.  Despite knowing this, they don’t feel as difficult and because they require more balance and coordination, I can’t use the same amount of weight and sometimes I don’t feel like I am getting “a workout”.  My interval training has progressed along nicely and I do feel that I am constantly being challenged and now I need to increase some of the work to include longer intervals at a slightly lower rate.  On the other hand, I have sustained a number of injuries causing me to have to back-step some in the workout—meaning I am probably working harder than I think.  So, in the coming weeks I hope to gain a new, more enthusiastic perspective (maybe it’s what I am eating?) on this particular program.  Additionally, I hope my physical and health concerns are adequately addressed in the near future.

 

No comments: