Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am behind in my posts!

Oops—sometimes life gets the best of you and you don’t get things done as planned.  Stage 3 is almost complete (one more session) and I think I can safely move on to Stage 4 without a recovery week.  I am increasing my HIIT intervals each session and will be breaking the 8:00 minute mile barrier.  This is a big deal for me, even with intervals.  I will probably start trading out one of my running interval days to start increasing my steady-state pace.  This means I will need to begin intervals (1 day per week) with my stair climber.  This should work out and not affect my training significantly.  After I am done with this particular program, I think I can be more aggressive with the intervals by expanding the units (3 minutes/6 minutes versus 1 minute/minute) and then having a much faster time for all cardio work.  As the weather gets better I want to take some of my workout outside, which may mean doing some hills and or speed work that may be quite different than what I am used to on the treadmill.

No comments: